Marycare Inc, an old and reputable fully registered and completely exempt, 501(c)3, US nonprofit organization founded some three decades ago  by the late Anne Bates, a pedigreed New Englander and her father, the late G. Wallace Bates [See www.marycare.org] helps the poor break the cycle of poverty in marginalized and isolated communities.
We provide basic health education, free medical healthcare, small revolving loans to women, and skill acquisition training to the youth of low income households in the isolated districts of the world. Since the official opening of Marycare Health Center in Ejemekwuru, Imo State Nigeria, we have registered over 3000 patients, helped over 200 women start their own businesses and currently training 4 youth in skill acquisition.
Marycare is seeking an intern who is committed to promoting Marycare’s mission. Reporting to the president or designee, the intern will Create multiple database systems that enable Marycare Inc., support both office and Board of Directors management, support communications strategies to broaden the organization’s impact, drive donor support and broader awareness for the organization by maintaining ongoing follow-up with donors and supporters via mail, email blast and other forms of communication and to suggest innovative ways in which Marycare may attract additional donors or funders.
Major Area:Office Management/Fundraising support and Mission Trips to Nigeria. This position is part-time 15-18 hours/week, preferably twice a week at the Marycare office in Hartford. Up to 4 hours can be completed remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support digital marketing efforts to build awareness of Marycare. This includes generating content for use on website, social media channels, e-mail, blog and other platforms.
- Set up an electronic filing system for all non-profit 501 (c) 3 required State of CT and auditor paperwork
- Set up an electronic calendar and reminder system for annual filings of all necessary paperwork to include confidentiality forms for the Board of Directors in US.
- Meet with members of the Executive Committee to determine donor data base system
- Set up a historical electronic for minutes, agendas and checks based on agency fiscal year.
- Ensure all documents and communications to and from Director of Services in Imo State Nigeria are filed appropriately.
- Go through any archived files to sort and determine useful and important paperwork.
- Learn web based program to update or suggest updates on Marycare Inc. website.
- Catalogue fundraising letters, documents, memorabilia, posters, pictures, flyers etc.
- Meet/attend at least one board meeting to speak with officers and committee staff
- Make recommendations as needed to help organize office administration, twitter and Facebook and how to support ongoing student involvement
- Other responsibilities related to this project as needed and time permits
- Assist in writing original content to showcase our member stories and the impact of the program on their lives.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, nonprofit, healthcare).
- Efficient communicator, writer and independent worker with good project management (define, plan, implement, and evaluate), research and time management skills.
- Possesses knowledge of systems development and individual system components
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Marycare and the people we serve.
- START DATE: Position open until filled, requires a 3-6-month commitment.
- COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid internship; however, there is potential for academic credit, and paid international trip to Nigeria for Medical Mission.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outline your suitability for the role to email@example.com, including the subject line “DATABASE AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN. Marycare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.