Clinics for People with No Health Insurance
After evaluating the overwhelming suffering and loss of lives due to the lack of access to medical care, Marycare, Inc. decided to build a health center in Ejemekwuru. This is just part of our nonprofit organization’s goal to build clinics for people with no health insurance. Based in Hartford, CT, our health charity was able to raise enough money through donations to not only build the physical structure of this health center, but also recruit a committed staff ready to assist those in need.
The health center is now providing health care services to some 10,000 residents of the town of Ejemekwuru as well as its surrounding neighbors. The center itself has four rooms, one ward, and an open reception area. The people of these communities will forever remain grateful to all of our donors who made this possible. May God reward you abundantly for your generosity.
Founded in 1996 by Anne Bates
Marycare Health Center Officially Opened on January 12, 2016
- Marycare works to break the vicious cycle of poverty in communities marginalized and isolated by their ethnic and socio-economic status.
- Currently we are working in an isolated town of Ejemekwuru in Imo State Nigeria
Marycare Health Center Annual Budget
- $16,674 – Annual Budget
- $10,294 – Annual Salaries for staff
- $6,380 – Annual Health Center Support Services
- Medical Transportation
Marycare Health Center Honors Anne
Marycare Health Center Staff
- 1,997 registered patients
- 700 children
- 7 cases of stroke
- 5 cases of diabetic foot ulcers
- 1 case of cellulitis
- 174 registered this year
- 400 cases of chronic diseases (diabetes & hypertension
- 100 cases of urinary tract infections & pelvic inflammatory diseases
- 150 cases of peptic ulcer disease
- Over 1500 cases of malaria & typhoid
- 400 cases of respiratory tract infection
- 10 antenatal care
- 1 delivery
Touching Hearts, Changing Lives
Skill Acquisition Program
Thank You and Let’s Keep Anne’s Dream Alive
- None of this could have happened without you. Marycare together with the community of Ejemekwuru is grateful to all of you for positively empowering the marginalized by providing them with opportunity, direction and hope.
- Please keep your hearts open and give today so we can keep Anne’s dreams alive
- 95% of all donations will go towards the projects and 5% is used for overhead
- Marycare is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Contact us when you are looking for clinics for people with no health insurance.